Monday, March 16, 2009

A little pick-me-up...in just SIX words!

My last few posts have been sort of downers, and more than one person has mentioned to me today that they've caught a case of the drearies. So, to spruce up this moody March day, I offer you a wonderful concept: the six-word memoir.


Six-Word Memoir book preview from SMITHmag on Vimeo.

This is such a great and stress-relieving exercise. It forces you to focus on what's important to your philosophy of life and cut out the not-so-important stuff. Here are some of my own:

Face = my mother's; Hands = my own

Loved anything that moved, including myself.

I wish Jesus was a woman.

Sleep before breakfast ...and after.


Writing makes me want to scream.


(I think it's interesting that so many of the above relate to gender in some way...)

Add your own to the comments section!

Oh, and be sure to check out the latest book from Smith Magazine, on six-word memoirs about love and relationships.


Six-Word Memoirs on Love & Heartbreak from SMITHmag on Vimeo.

1 comments:

Larry Smith said...

Thanks, Rebecca, those are awesome. I hope you submitted them over at SMITHmag.net as well -- we'd love to have you part of our storytelling world. -Larry Smith